+ Reply to Thread

Default new noise in drain pipes

So, we have a new noise in the house. When we run the water, flush the toilet, run the dishwasher, etc. basically, whenever water goes into the main drain there is a noise that I can only describe as a "thump, thump, thump..." or "glug, glug, glug" that seems to be concentrated around the air vent that is in the foundation. This vent is off of the main sewer line in the basement and goes out the side of the house under the bathroom. This noise is new. It is pretty loud and resonates throughout the area around the bathroom, kitchen and home office.

I'm in NY, it is quite cold right now but it wasn't earlier in the week when this noise first started...I think I first noticed it on Tuesday.

This past weekend, the bathroom sink was slow so it was snaked and a clog was removed. Not sure if this is anyway related but thought I'd mention it just in case.

So...any ideas? Do I need to worry about this?

Thanks!

Default Re: new noise in drain pipes

Sounds like a partial blockage in the vent or drain, I guess you might want to call your plumber back.
    Plumbing and Heating Tech.
    My plumbing website Hidden Content

Default Re: new noise in drain pipes

**UPDATE**
    After 3 or 4 days of this noise, it stopped...right after I posted the question! Thanks so much for the help! If they were only all this easy!

Hmmm...now I have to think of another problem to be solved just by asking about the problem. Oh...my money tree isn't growing as nicely as I hoped. Any ideas??