+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: A/C & Heat Exchanger

Maybe the " wires " are for the combustion air fan or the ignitor . Just a guess .

Quote Originally Posted by djohns View Post
    Maybe the " wires " are for the combustion air fan or the ignitor . Just a guess .
    Niether of which have anything to do with cooling, the heat exchanger, or the evaporator coil.

Its possible on some systems, which break "R" on a limit fault for the AC to not work, but then that would make a low charge diagnosis impossible untill the R was restored so that the AC was actually on.......sorry, I call BS on the whole 'wires to my heat exchanger made my AC not work' thing.

Its possible that after twenty years I could be wrong. I still see new crap everyday....well...not EVERYday.....

Quote Originally Posted by KellyWayne View Post
    Niether of which have anything to do with cooling, the heat exchanger, or the evaporator coil.
    I understand that , but if I were a A/C man trying to blow smoke , I could point to any wires in the general vicinity .

Quote Originally Posted by djohns View Post
    I understand that , but if I were a A/C man trying to blow smoke , I could point to any wires in the general vicinity .
    Very true, sorry, I missed your point.
    Fact is this guy may have been pointed the absolute right direction by the first contractor, the next one with the 'wiring problem' may be hosing him.....
    And he is going to file a complaint against the first one......his termanology is all wrong.
    If I have a customer with a leaking evaporator coil, charge and recomend replacement with a new 410 system is excactly what I would do.....I dont put R-22 components in unless the customer just cant afford to upgrade, and that is with the understanding that this may actually cost you more in the long term.
    Recomending replacement of the indoor coil and outdoor unit, or even the entire system, in 2008, is the right recomendation for someone with a bad 22 coil, IMHO. What is R-22 going to cost in 2012? R-410a is coming down, R-22 is going through the roof.....stay tuned.

Bottom line, Kmann still hasn't given us the information necessary to understand exactly what he or she is talking about, so we can speculate from now on and be way off on our assumptions.

About the only thing worse than NO information is WRONG informtion. At least with no information, I can follow my own instincts without being mis-led.

All the best, Irishmist
    Live your life as an EXCLAMATION; not an explanation!

And you would be the "lack of respect" expert. Pot meet the kettle, kettle meet the pot.....

YukYuk , some of the info that you posted is technical in nature . Can you tell us how you arrived at those conclusions ?
    Do you have real world experience in HVAC ?

Quote Originally Posted by WitchDoctor View Post
    YukYuk , some of the info that you posted is technical in nature . Can you tell us how you arrived at those conclusions ?
    Do you have real world experience in HVAC ?
    It's a fair and legitimate question .