View Poll Results: any other new homeowners feel lost? and a bother to existing homeowners?

Voters
0. This poll is closed
  • forget it and figure it out?

0 0%
  • enroll in classes?

0 0%
  • keep praying?

0 0%
  • or marry someone like bob vella?

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: shower inserts

Talking shower inserts

my shower fitter has a crack in it and pieces of bricklike material with black stuff is falling from behind the insert, the wall is soggy on ends of tub, i was ONLY trying to paint my bathroom when i was advised not to until i find out where the moisture is coming from do i need to take out the entire insert and replace the wall or whatever is behind it? im a new homeowner for three years and i cant just call "the landlord" anymore, hunh? this is just ONE of my many questions, first i will see how this one goes
    Last edited by blackcats00; 01-26-2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: left out some words

Default Re: shower inserts

From the sounds of it, moisture from the tub/shower has gotten behind the surround and deteriorated the wall.

I can't tell from your description what kind of surround you've got to offer an opinion as to how to proceed. Generally, tearing out a shower surround is not a DIY friendly project unless you're a pretty experienced DIY'r.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!