+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Deck to be without pool!

We just found out yesterday our pool has dry rot and will no longer hold water. We will be hauling it away. Here's my question: what to do with the beautiful deck we just built?! It is in the middle of our yard, so I need some really creative ideas so it won't look like what it is, a deck missing its pool! I was trying to visualize a garden down below, but how to tie it all in? This is truly a landscaping dilemma, is anyone up to the challenge? I hope so!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pool deck.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	1111   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pooldeck2.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	1112  

Default Re: Deck to be without pool!

How about putting a pergola over it, Finish the railing around the far side and make it a destination in your yard. Adding a beautiful meandering path and plantings around the base will add more drama.
    Debby in Oklahoma

Or put a roof over it . Sort of like a Gazebo .

Those are both good ideas, although I did have to stop and look up the word pergola (now roof, I knew!) Although I have a deck up by the house that has our hot tub and a gazebo. I also have a roofed deck off to the left of this one attached to our back garage. Maybe I need to get more friends to fill up three decks! Thank you for your suggestions though, I appreciate it.

Looks like a great spot for a hot tub... if the electrical issue is't too inconvenient.

Just want to acknowledge your responses. Hot tub is up by the house on its own deck. Cost of pool/liner prohibitive. I guess we are going to look into moving it up by the house. I bet that will be cost prohibitive too! Thanks for the input.