Hey folks:

I am a newbie, and have started to build a children's playset (basically a Leisure Time Tower wit a 10 ft. long slide). I've started the assembly, and had intended to remove the sod under where the playset would be, but got ahead of myself. With a helper I've got the foot print of the central tower completed, and woke up this morning in a sweat. WHAT ABOUT THE SOD? The unbit now it too heavy for me to move by myself, and my freind is unavailable.

Here's the question: Can I just cover the sod with landscaping cloth, and then install the floor sections? Would this be sufficient to keep the grass from growing under the kid's playset?

My only other option is to try to tip the whole thing onto it's side, excavate the sod and dirt, place in the ground cover cloth, and re-tip to upright the playset. Seems like so much work, and the kids are panting on my back in anticipation of having their playset completed today. HELP!!

I will be going around the perimeter of the playset by about 4 ft x 6" deep and cutting the sod, and installing the ground cover cloth, and filling with rubber mulch.

Mark in Nashville, TN