+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Looking to update Plumbing

Like to know if using this is a good idear? SHARKBITE FITTINGS..
    http://www.cashacme.com/prod_sharkbite.php...

I have a old house so I would be using some of the old Copper in the house and plan to add pex..

Default Re: Looking to update Plumbing

They are awesome! I have been working overseas for the past 3 years and when I came home and did some repairs for a friend, the Sharkbites were at the plumbing supply house. A little expensive, but well worth it. And they work with a live line where you can't turn off the water. I recommend them. The only consideration is the old copper itself. Use tube cutters and MAKE A SQUARE CUT is key. Hopefully the old copper doesn't "crush" or egg on you. Process of elimanation. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by misfitter View Post
    They are awesome! I have been working overseas for the past 3 years and when I came home and did some repairs for a friend, the Sharkbites were at the plumbing supply house. A little expensive, but well worth it. And they work with a live line where you can't turn off the water. I recommend them. The only consideration is the old copper itself. Use tube cutters and MAKE A SQUARE CUT is key. Hopefully the old copper doesn't "crush" or egg on you. Process of elimanation. Good luck.
    Thanks for your info... Will they be good for 10 to 20 years tho-.. I am looking to have them last..

Who Knows? I tend to thionk they is no way they could have been tested to see if they would fail over time. If you really want something to last over time, replaced the WHOLE SYSTEM. But, the problem with that is something??? might still go wrong down the road: hard water eating through copper lines, pex piping being too small of delivery, cpvc being too brittle and freezing, etc. Your call. The Sharkbites I have put in are still working with no leaks after almost 3 years. Your call. Process of elimanation. Good luck.