+ Reply to Thread

Default Leaking Pvc Plumbing

Have Leak From Pvc Toilet Drain.
    Leak Is Not In Wax Ring.
    Possibly Plumber Dry Fit Pvc And Forgot To Cement.
    Can Not Take Plumbing Apart.
    Should I Use Pvc Cement Or Possibly Epoxy To Stop Leak?
    Thanks

Default Re: Leaking Pvc Plumbing

Since you cannot take apart the fittings you will need to do what I call "lip seal" Get Rain-or-Shine pve glue (it will be blue in color if made by Oatey), pour a couple gallons of nice hot water down the closet lange (the toilet is off the flange). The reason for the hot water is to flush the line because you are going to stick your hand in the 3" or 4" pipe with the glue dauber and glue and glue and glue where the pipe and fitting comes together. Wait until dry and then do it again. To speed up the process you can use a hair dyrer to help "blow" on the glue to dry. But, with Rain-or-Shine I usally wait 10 minutes. Process of elimanation. Good luck.

Since you cannot take apart the fittings you will need to do what I call "lip seal" Get Rain-or-Shine pvc glue (it will be blue in color if made by Oatey), pour a couple gallons of nice hot water down the closet lange (the toilet is off the flange). The reason for the hot water is to flush the line because you are going to stick your hand in the 3" or 4" pipe with the glue dauber and glue and glue and glue where the pipe and fitting comes together. Wait until dry and then do it again. To speed up the process you can use a hair dyrer to help "blow" on the glue to dry. But, with Rain-or-Shine I usally wait 10 minutes. Process of elimanation. Good luck.

Will Try
    Thanks