+ Reply to Thread

Smile Insulating interior walls and ceilings/Floors.

Ok! So I read a bunch or threads on insulating interior walls and ceiling, but none of them said if it was good or useful.

I have a split level that I am remodeling. I was curious if I should insulate the ceiling/floor. I have never seen this before and a freind told me that when his house was inspected the inspector checked for this. When I bought my house the inspector didn't. I live in North West Montana and it can get kinda cold in the winter. I not sure that this would help since we live in both upstairs and downstairs. I suppose it would help as a sound barrier. Any advice would be great!

Thanks

Default Re: Insulating interior walls and ceilings/Floors.

Ditto what jkirk mentions.

The exception would of course be if there was a crawl space accessable from the outside.
    Typically the basement area is usually considered conditioned space.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

I would also agree with what's been offered, and add that any interior wall insulation will help in sound deadening, however if your purpose is for sound deadening, then there are a few extra steps that should be taken other than just putting a little insulation inside the wall.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Thanks for the replys. That was what I thought and now I even have some more food for thought. Sound board was one Item I had researched as the basement will have a rockin home entertainment system in it.

Thanks everyone.