+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lawn Care

Question Lawn Care

I recently moved to a new home, the front yard and the side yard have sod, the back yard has hydro seed ,the sod seems to be pretty healthy, the hydro seed has only been down for about 3 wks should I water it ,leave it alone what . Know one has siad any thing to me ,is there any thing you can suggest ?

Default Re: Lawn Care

Water the new seeding. Keep it well-moistened (no real standing puddles) by watering it twice a day (morning and evening) or so for about least the first month.

The seeds need water/moisture to germinate and once germinated the new seedlings continue to need water to grow roots deep enough in the soil to reach the moisture there. If the seeds germinate and then those tender developing plants run out of water, they will die. Then you get to start all over.

Once the plants are adequately developed, no more of the shallow moistenings/waterings. You now want the those plants to send roots deep into the ground rather than just shallow surface roots. If droughthy conditions develop later on in the season, water the area throughly/deeply.... as necessary.
    Last edited by goldhiller; 05-18-2008 at 02:37 PM.

Arrow Re: Lawn Care

Quote Originally Posted by Masico View Post
    I recently moved to a new home, the front yard and the side yard have sod, the back yard has hydro seed ,the sod seems to be pretty healthy, the hydro seed has only been down for about 3 wks should I water it ,leave it alone what . Know one has siad any thing to me ,is there any thing you can suggest ?
    if the grass is not diying it will be fine but if you have grass looking bad water it evry three days(1 hour a day)