+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default A Gutter Cover That Works?

I am searching for a gutter guard that works. I live in Michigan where we have ice and snow.
    I have tried the plastic covers with the diamond pattern, the maple seed pods stuck in them and rotted on through, the pine needles went through. I graduated to the same covers with plastic or brass screen on top, they kept the debris out but with heavy rain it ran right over the covers and on to the ground. In the winter ice builds up on the covers to 3” to 4” causing an ice dam, fortunately I have ice dam protection on the roof under the shingles. The plastic covers are not easy to remove for cleaning however, a leaf blower will usually blow the debris to one end for cleaning. I have observed that other “gutter covers” do about the same in heavy rain or ice conditions. I don't think the coarse foam inserts would work any better with the ice problems.

Any ideas? Thanks

Default Re: A Gutter Cover That Works?

When I lived in SE Michigan, we used the LeafFilter brand of gutter covers. They were great for the Michigan weather. Some of our neighbors used gutterhelmet and we happy. Check them out on the web and see if they look good for your home.
    _________
    Find gutter installers in your area.