+ Reply to Thread

Question Remodel Deck to Screen Porch

I have an existing 16' X 20' deck and would like to convert it to a screen porch because it is directly under
    (2) ENORMOUS oak trees so depending on the time of year I am either sweeping off leaves EVERY day or I'm
    trying to clear off the yearly attack OF THE CURLY THINGS each spring when they are in bloom I am
    desperately seeking HOW TO instructions and/or advise on how to accomplish this remodel. I have done
    a lot of interior remodeling already BUT, as of this e-mail have never converted a deck to a porch
    If anyone can help I would really appreciate it need this info so I can have plans drawn up to get
    building permit. P.S. can drive nail w/o smashing finger...

Thanks,
    drobersn@rhtc.net
    Mrs. Dianne Robertson

Talking Re: Remodel Deck to Screen Porch

It's attached to the house, has a (3)ft. crawl space w/doubled 2x12 floor joists sitting on
    concrete block piers filled w/ concrete piers are sitting on concrete footers. I'm located in SC.
    have the extremely hard clay no kidding have to soak it down before digging I got one of those leaf
    blowers too sounds like you have the same one I have I think it's called a hegehog or something
    like that but it's always out back in the garage every time I need it oh yeah, about the run off
    I have gutters what I had in mind would involve scabbing in just under it then flashing and blackjack
    before the shingles was thinking I could maybe use some roll asphalt paper and make a valley
    on each side of the peak for run off what do you think ? you sound like you PROBABLY know a LOT
    more about this sort of thing than I do I AM NOT a contractor but I would like for it to last
    through at least the first strong wind that blows by

drobersn
    Mrs. Dianne Robertson