+ Reply to Thread

Default Tankless Water Heater in Southeast Alabama

We have purchased a home built in 1955 it has 3 full baths, laundry room, sink in kitchen no dishwasher. We currently have 66 gallon Jackson electric water heater that was originally installed in the home when it was built. We are looking to replace it with a tankless natural gas water heater for the entire house. Would going to the tankless natural gas be more energy efficient and cost effective than purchasing a new electric hot water heater in our area. We are also installing gas lines for a gas stove so that cost is not part of our consideration. We have researched on line and are looking at the Rinnai 94LSi tankless which is the largest home unit they sell. If we stay with conventional we will still go with a 60 gal water heater to replace the old one. After reading several posts on multiple websites we are just not sure which way to go for the region that we live in...any suggestions??

Default Re: Tankless Water Heater in Southeast Alabama

Interesting that I got your post question. I just last night had a tankless system installed on the outside of my home in northeast Ala. Like most of the people that have posts, I didn't relist running out of hot water during a shower which was one of the main drivers for my decision. From my research on the units,the one you mentioned is the best known. I followed the advice of my local propane dealer and installed another brand which supposedely is just as good. The unit is supposed to supply hot water to three baths running at the same time but last nite on first shower, it didn't happen with only one shower running. The principle of only using energy when the water is running has great appeal for me because our utilites are thru the roof. I'm still optimistic....