+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Smile Laminate floors in the kitchen

Ok...so how well do laminate wood floors holdup in the kitchen. Especially if liquid gets spilled on them?

Default Re: Laminate floors in the kitchen

if you clean up a small spill asap then you should be okay, lots of people put these floors in the kitchen, check with the manufacture for the warenty if put in a kitchen. get a good quaility product also and you should be okay.

Definately check with the manufacturer since many don't recommend their product in areas where water may be around the product.

The finish surface isn't the worry it's the substrate material that doesn't like water very much.

Quote Originally Posted by USAFTman View Post
    Ok...so how well do laminate wood floors holdup in the kitchen. Especially if liquid gets spilled on them?
    Thanks for the advise...it's greatly appreciated. I will difinately check out the Comsumer Reports article

DB ... good point about gluing them together.

Standing on hard floor is hard on the body. Enginered wood floor is better install same glue seams. We replaced Pergo with bruce wood floor and I can tell you it makes a huge difference.

A mat or runner to stand on and protect the floor in front of the sink makes the work less tiring. Still need mats by the doors to wipe shoes and protect either floor from grit and wet for either floor.

I have bruce floor that is real wood in our kitchen. It is a beautiful the only difference between that and a real hard wood floor is it is 1/2" thick. We use a wood cleaner that is made for hard wood floors. I would suggest a area rug near the fridge or the can goods area. We have dropped cans and bottles and have a few dents.
    Harry