Purchased older home that had new vinyl replacement windows put in by previous owners. Past 2 years they have been leaking cold air in winter.
Had 2 different independant companies come out to give me their input. Both stated that they felt there either wasn't enough insulation between the new windows and the sides or none at all. One said that if the windows had been made 1/4 of an inch smaller, that would have allowed more room for insulation or more of it.
The original installer,manufacturer and the window sales person all came out today to replace all of the weather stripping and fuzzy pads. They maintain that there WAS insulation placed.
Question is: If I have someone remove the worst window and find that there is indeed NO insulation, or too little; HOW to handle the situation? Window manufacturer states these windows are under warrenty to us as the first buyers from the original owners. Installer at first was willing to help with problem. Today upon further questioning him he seemed guarded and difficult when I stated that if problem is still there in winter, will have to look at further options.
ANY advice from the experts out there???