+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation odor from bathroom sink drain and tub stopper, "Push" type doesn't work.

My bathroom sink drain gets really crummy and stinky. I think it needs a good cleaning as well as the overflow area. What can I use to clean and deodorize when I can't get down in there? Also, my bathroom tub has a "push" type drain stopper but it doesn't work, sometimes keeping the water in during a shower, sometimes letting it out during fill for a bath. Any help out there?

Default Re: odor from bathroom sink drain and tub stopper, "Push" type doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by the mrs. View Post
    Also, my bathroom tub has a "push" type drain stopper but it doesn't work, sometimes keeping the water in during a shower, sometimes letting it out during fill for a bath. Any help out there?
    The sink stopper "how-to" has been covered. The push type tub stoppers are screwed into the drain, it may be that the stopper is screwed in too deep to allow it to properly operate OR the stopper mechanism (works like a click type ball point pen ) is malfunctioning. Remove the stopper by unscrewing it (left loose, right tight ), then take it to the hardware store to match up with a replacement. The threaded stud on the bottom of the stopper comes in different diameters, so it's important to match this part up.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!