I have some concrete curbing in front of my home (kind of like the stops in parking lots, but long and curved). It has developed many cracks and some pieces have broken out.

Is there a way for me to cover it with a new coating of concrete or some of that plasticized stuff? In my mind I think it would be like icing a cake - only with concrete. Would a "shell" of concrete stay on the curb?

If yes, would it help to put a concrete sealant or paint on the curb to keep them from crumbling again?

I want the curbs to look nice and whole but I don't want to spend thousands of dollars to hire an extruder.

Thanks for your help!