+ Reply to Thread

Thread: vinyl moulding

Unhappy vinyl moulding

A couple of weeks ago, between shows on the DIY channel, I saw a short how-to segment from an older episode of TOH. In this segment, Tom demonstrates to Norm a solid vinyl/plastic interior trim/moulding product. Although a solid material, the product was very flexible (allowing it to form to curved walls), it could also be heated to form fit it to walls with round corners and for other applications. It could applied with glue or nails, and cut with typical power tools.

Unfortunately, I can't recall the name of the product, and although I have done a lot of searching on the web and here, I cannot find anything matching this product. I don't recall the project, but I think (but not certain) the segment might have come from the show where the owners had a piano that required a room with special acoustics.

Any information about this, or an equivalent product, would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Default Re: vinyl moulding

This sounds like the Manchester house. I remember two segments on flexible molding. One was where Tom was showing Steve some flexible molding for the exterior. It was wrapping around a round wall. The other was where Norm was telling Steve about some molding that Dick had made up out of foam trim. Is either of these the one you are thinking about?

If not can you give me any more details on the segment?

Default Re: vinyl moulding

Quote Originally Posted by SherryH View Post
    This sounds like the Manchester house. I remember two segments on flexible molding. One was where Tom was showing Steve some flexible molding for the exterior. It was wrapping around a round wall. The other was where Norm was telling Steve about some molding that Dick had made up out of foam trim. Is either of these the one you are thinking about?

If not can you give me any more details on the segment?
    I remember the segments from the show you describe but, unfortunately, neither is the DIY spot I saw.

What I posted is pretty much all I can recall. The spot was definitely Tom Silva and Norm inside a house, with Tom describing and demonstrating the product to Norm.

As a regular viewer of DIY, I've seen a few other TOH spots repeated a few times, so hopefully I'll see this one again before too long. And remember the product name.