+ Reply to Thread

Default rust spots on dishwasher baskets

How can I fix the rust spots on my dishwasher baskets? Dishwasher still runs great & I would rather not spend the $$ to replace it. However, there are several places on both the top & bottom baskets that are worn down to the metal and that is now rusting. I have looked for something to paint on over it (like you would nail polish)but have been unsuccessful.

Default Re: rust spots on dishwasher baskets

Clean as much of the rust off as possible, down to bare metal to prevent it from returning. Cover the exposed metal with white silicone caulk. The white will match the interior of the dishwasher fairly well and the silicone can stand up to the environment. When you apply the caulk, go past each side of the exposed metal by 1" and all the way around the wire to give the most protection possible.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Check the warranty on the dishwasher. I had mine replaced free because the coating was chipping off.

Dan

I wonder if appliance touch up paint would work or even the touch up paint for sinks and tubs ?
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

I've seen a rubber type of touch up paint or caps for the racks.
    Maybe improvements catalog or repairclinic.com