+ Reply to Thread

Question Stamped Concrete

Hello Everyone,

I have read up on it a little and am very interested in stamped concrete. I really like the durability that concrete offers and for the area I want to cover, the price beats out pavers/stone or decking.

I found places ****** where I can get the stamps and instructions and I know my local masonry store carries a variety of colors.

I want to know, however, if this is something the average DIY'er can tackle themselves, or should I look into hiring a professional? Can I tint the concrete while I am mixing it and then pour it and stamp it? Or do I have to spread the powder on top of the poured concrete and use the float to 'mix' it in? Do I have to seal it?

I am all about doing this myself with the help of a few friends if it is something that we can tackle, but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. While saving money by doing it myself can be a great thing, I also want the final product to look fantastic.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Default Re: Stamped Concrete

Stamped concrete can be done as a DIY project(I have talked folks thru it starting knee deep in the mud) but you have to be prepared for pitfalls. Concrete is very, very dependent on mother nature and only goes by a set of laws governed by a Mr Murphy! But if you are up for the challenge, go for it. You can find plenty of instruction on the web by just googling "how to stamp concrete" as you have probably done so. If you are in need of proper supplies such as color, release, sealer, etc, that too can be found ****** by simple searching. contractor source has been a good reference thus far. Best of luck.