+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default weather proofing a screened-in porch

i've got a small screened-in porch on the back, second floor of my house. the porch measures roughly 4 feet x 20 feet. i'm looking to install some plastic sheeting that i can roll up/down to create a rain/weather barrier so i can protect things stored on the porch.

any thoughts/ideas?

thanks.

Default Re: weather proofing a screened-in porch

I think this is a good idea. It will help protect from moisture and even insulate a bit. You may have to buy large plastic sheeting and make your own kind of shade. You can get plastic sheeting in numerous sizes at home depot, Lowes, Ace, etc. I even saw some ****** at amazon.com. Good luck.
    _________
    Networx.com
    We provide the latest information on how to fix, renovate, and decorate your house using the least amount of resources for the best value.

I planning on doing something like this..but to little bit grander scale. I have an approx. 24 x 12 screened porch. I am going to divide the screened area into smaller squares (roughly 4x4) and get plexiglass panels cut to place in to these squares during the colder months...thereby protecting the screen as well as blocking the wind. I'm just going to have to figure out where to store the panels when not in use...

The problem with draping the plastic sheet is how to prevent it from blowing around.

Perhaps you could build frames --- attach plastic or plexiglass.
    Attach the frames with hinges at the top and lift them up secured with a hook and eye at the ceiling when not in use.

Or the same idea but have the frames hinged at the top and in the center to fold in half making smaller panels.

Just a thought.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush