+ Reply to Thread

Default Hot water at distant faucet

I remember seeing a program dealing with having hot water at a faucet on the opposite side of the house from the hot water heater. As I recall some type of feed-back loop was utilized. Could someone please give me the particulars on setting up such a loop. I don't want to keep wasting 3 -4 minutes of cold water just to get the hot water across the cellar.
    Thanks, Wayne

Default Re: Hot water at distant faucet

I too saw that show ... and need thsat same kind of info .. what was that device called ?

I have a 1930 Tudor Revival /Storybook house that has been ...adjusted with "standard home center details for thirty years... durin gthe last three years, I have pealed off all of that 'new' stuff and restored the house...the neighborhood is in AWE .
    I need to fix the water problem as the bath is on ther third level , and the hot water heater is in the basement .

This is one of the first houses built in my neighborhood... I have become the new historian of the area in my quest for restoration .

Any help would aid me .

Even the program number/name and or what that bronze device was called.
    It flushed the cold water back into the hot water tank , then sent you new hot water .. in seconds .

Default Re: Hot water at distant faucet

Quote Originally Posted by allenwd View Post
    I remember seeing a program dealing with having hot water at a faucet on the opposite side of the house from the hot water heater. As I recall some type of feed-back loop was utilized. Could someone please give me the particulars on setting up such a loop. I don't want to keep wasting 3 -4 minutes of cold water just to get the hot water across the cellar.
    Thanks, Wayne
    Google "hot water recirculating" and you should find lots of brands and information .... example .... http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product....se=&lang=en-CA