+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stove Vent

Smile Stove Vent

I recently remodeled the kitchen removing the cabinets that once held the vent over the stove. My glass top stove if located on a bar area. I really like the open space and don't want a big expensive stove vent to block the area. Someone suggested I could use bathroom vents with lights. Is that possible or what other options do I have.

Default Re: Stove Vent

You could look into side draft or down draft units, though I don't know if they exist without being a part of the cooktop/stove. Be forewarned, side/down drafts don't work as well as overhead venting.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

I believe downdraft units are available from Broan.
    If you use bath fans keep in mind the size needed to match a typical hood vent of around 200 -300 cfms.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Most stove vents have a grease filter a bath vent doesn't.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Yep ---- i forgot to mention that -- good catch Jack.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Look at your different hood options. There are some 'low profile' vent hoods that come flush with standard depth cabinets and don't extend down very far either. That would probably be your best option.

Quote Originally Posted by SARL1955 View Post
    I recently remodeled the kitchen removing the cabinets that once held the vent over the stove. My glass top stove if located on a bar area. I really like the open space and don't want a big expensive stove vent to block the area. Someone suggested I could use bathroom vents with lights. Is that possible or what other options do I have.
    I would advise against using a bath vent for a "range hood vent", for those reasons listed.
    Browse that thingy called the world wide web for the proper product, and oh yes, good luck...