+ Reply to Thread

Default shower faucet is dripping

My shower faucet is dripping pretty steadily and I haven't a clue how to fix it. It has a plastic cap that covers what looks to be a square bolt in the handle. Any advice would be helpful, thank you.

Default Re: shower faucet is dripping

Generally, leaks of this nature are due to worn internal seals. If you can identify the faucet, you can pick up a repair kit before you start the repair, otherwise you'll need to disassemble the valve to take the parts with you to match up to the new.

Turn off the water supply to the house. Open the shower valve in question to relieve the pressure, then close it. Remove the handle and there should be an obvious "cap" or nut that is removed to access the guts of the valve. If this is a single handled valve, then there will be a cartridge that will be replaced or there will be a ball attached to the stem, under that ball you'll find two rubber cups with springs underneath them. Replace the cups ans springs.

If you know the brand name of the valve, you can also Google it to get an exploded view of the parts (would be helpful to purchase replacements before starting the job ) and a repair procedure specific to your valve.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!