+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Question Gas Lamps - sources

I have a 100year old ?Craftsman? home. It has pipe running through the walls in most bedrooms and in each hallway with valves on them like they were gas lamps in a previous lifetime. I have *1* that is mostly intact. I would LOVE to find enough to put into the rest of the home to match. Does anyone have a good source on where to find these old relics? They add such character to a room and the house as a whole, I would really like to bring somemore of that character back into our home. Thanks in advance for any help.

- If I get the chance I'll post pictures of whats left of the one fixture we do have.

Default Re: Gas Lamps - sources

You might try here http://www.gaslightguys.com/category...216-12224.html

For old lamps you could check antique shops and salvage companies. However you should be warned that the old lamps did not have oxygen depletion sensors or flame out sensors and are extremely dangerous. Gas can be on with no flame and could lead to explosions and fires. Plus you would need to have the existing piping check for leaks.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I found this site, it looks like they could possibly have what you need. Good luck! http://www.gaslampantiques.com/
    _______
    Find licensed electricians in your area.

Thanks! Yeah I have no intention of actually using them to light, I just like the looks allot. Anyway, Thanks for the help/info.