Default Garage epoxy floor paint

I would like to paint my garage floor with an 2 part epoxy paint. My question is there anyone who has done this and is it worth it. I dont want to spend more thn $600 for my 750 sqr ft garage. My other question wuld be what brand did you use and how did it hold up.

Default Re: Garage epoxy floor paint

I also am going to be painting my garage floor.

I remember an episode (I don't remember if TOH or ATOH) where Kevin observed a garage floor being painted. The contractor stated that it wasn't epoxy but was better. It was stated that it was more durable and easier to lay down. Does anyone remember this episode and what the material was?

FYI: Check out the the Garage Journal.

Thank you,
    Jim
    Longmont, CO

Default Re: Garage epoxy floor paint

I researched the options a lot before having my garage floor painted with epoxy. Here's what I've found out:

1) The products you can find at Home Depot and Lowes are not epoxy based, therefore if you live in a climate with lots of heat expect to have to redo the floors every couple of years because the paint will stick to the tires when you leave your car in the garage.

2) The epoxy products are pretty difficult for DIY guys to obtain. If you can find it (check ebay) you can do it yourself, it will take 3 days of about 1 hour a day (drying time in between).

3) If you hire professionals to do it, it will cost about $1000. That's ultimately the route I went, and I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

Hope that helps.