+ Reply to Thread

Question Tie bathroom vent into dryer vent?

We are finishing out the walkout basement on our brick ranch home. Our home is geothermal and very tightly insultated. It is located in Northern Kentucky and was built in 2008. Rather than cutting an additional hole through the brick, we are wanting to know if we can tie the bathroom vent into the dryer vent.

Default Re: Tie bathroom vent into dryer vent?

Quote Originally Posted by Schramm View Post
    We are finishing out the walkout basement on our brick ranch home. Our home is geothermal and very tightly insultated. It is located in Northern Kentucky and was built in 2008. Rather than cutting an additional hole through the brick, we are wanting to know if we can tie the bathroom vent into the dryer vent.
    Hello, Well, it is possible but you may experience some bathroom odor coming back through the dryer as well as some extra condensation building up from the dryer back to the bathroom vent. All in all you should really have them both seperate to eliminate any possible problems. Hope this helps. GregC

I wouldnt do it if it was mine and dont think building codes allow it. If the dryers gas I wouldnt do it for sure......
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

My sister's house had things vented in this way and she ended up having to separate them.

I don't think you should or allowed to do it. Somethimes taking short cuts aren't worth it.