+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: cat-proof screens?

Hay Sprucey, wouldn't giving an indoor cat caffeine be almost as exciting as hitting a golf ball in a tile bathroom.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    Hay Sprucey, wouldn't giving an indoor cat caffeine be almost as exciting as hitting a golf ball in a tile bathroom.
    Jack
    Yes, only more fun to watch!
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Smile Re: cat-proof screens?

Well, as the faithful servant to no less than (6) of the little buggers for the last (10) yrs.
    or so I actually do have a remedy for your screen problem BELIEVE ME I can say been there done that!!
    go to your local home depot and purchase a pet fence charger for SMALL animals make sure your screen
    is the aluminum variety or this will not work attach the charger close enough to the screen so that
    you can attach a small insulated ( covered) wire to the screen all you have to do is strip the end
    & insert a few strands out through it and loop back in and give it a couple of twists attach other end
    to charger plug it in sit back and prepare to laugh it doesn't hurt (tried it myself) BUT,IT WILL
    GET THEIR ATTENTION usually only takes once or twice except for my cat Rusty, he's stubborn so he
    did it (3) times for several screens just daisy chain off your first one if you have enough wire
    your can do the whole house it works for the garden too but you have to put up (2) or (3) strands

Hope this helps,
    drobersn@rhtc.net
    Mrs. Dianne Robertson

Smile Re: cat-proof screens?

If you say so , But I rate clipping cat claws right up there with giving your cat a pill...
    ask me how that works, not to good, have the scars to prove it BUT, If it works for you
    I think thats great but, if a dog gets after them it's a lot harder for them to climb if
    their claws are not long enough or sharp so they can dig in that's why I am absolutely
    against de-clawing it's their defense weapon,escape tool and helps them snag their food
    but, if their indoor animals it really doesn't matter

Take It Easy,

drobersn
    Mrs. Dianne Robertson

Clipping cat claws isn't hard once you learn how - especially if you start early. My cats don't like it, but they tolerate it.

On the screens, I haven't found a great solution, but I've seen these things that are "aerators" or sort of metal slats instead of screens. I've thought about trying them to deal with the cats.