Dear folks -

We are currently having the roofers install about 15 ft of gutter that was torn off during last winter's storm on two sides of our house.

They should be finishing up the work tomorrow, and we are supposed to pay them the other 40% of the job.

The question is: One side of the gutter hangs out about 5 - 6 inches. I asked the guys about this, and they said its normal for gutters to hang out an inch or two to catch all the rain. I pointed out that its more than an inch or two, they said "yeah" - and i'm hoping they will correct it.

Then, on the opposite side, the flat board that runs along the bottom of the roof that the gutter runs parallel to... well, the gutter was stapled so that its not along that board, but hanging about 20% down from the board. It looks really silly and I can provide pictures (i tried to post them but forgot to decrease the size and exceeded bandwidth).

So - am I right to withhold pay until it is fixed correctly (I'm sorry this is more of a legal question that a "fix-it-question", but any advice would be helpful!)

Thank you,

Melissa