+ Reply to Thread

Question Smelly Tub Drain

I have had my catch basin rodded out from the back yard but, my tub drain still has a awful smell. What can I do to combat this? I generally keep the bathroom and shower doors closed but, I know the entire house probably smell of it.

Default Re: Smelly Tub Drain

Try putting some baking soda down the drains. To some it sounds like it may not be powerful enough, but I have had some pretty serious smells eliminated by baking soda. Give it a shot, its cheap and cant hurt! Good luck.

consider a cup of vinegar. it will kill the smell from the p traps. an does not hurt pipes...

Use a heavy bristle bottle brush to get down in the drain and clean it out as good as you can. All kinds of crud get on the inside of the drain.
    Then place a large amount of baking soda and salt on top of the drain. Create a mountain of the BS & salt about 4-inches high. Then pour in a steady slow stream of white vinegar straight on top of your mountain of BS and salt. This creates a foaming chemical reaction that erodes any excess biofilm or residue from your drainpipes. Rinse with cold water.
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content