Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008

    Default What type of window do I have?

    My house was built in 1941. It has wooden window sashes which move on a metal track....tubular in appearance. The bottom sash on one window is sprung. I believe their is a spring mechanism in use here as to opposed to a rope pully system.

    What do i call this type window when I am calling to find someone to repair it? I am having trouble finding some one and want to be a little more educated. Thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    San Diego, CA

    Default Re: What type of window do I have?

    Just tell them that you have spring loaded sash windows rather than rope and weight sashes. Then just tell them the problem you're having. I'll bet they've seen it before.

    Good Luck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts