+ Reply to Thread

Default Condensation in cold weather w/high wind

I have a problem in cold weather during high winds. Condensation develops along the ceiling line on the inside of exterior walls. This wall is under a soffit. What is my problem and how can I fix it?

Default Re: Condensation in cold weather w/high wind

Most likely cold air is blowing in the soffit and cooling the upper corner of the wall. I would suggest checking the insulation at the areas where the condensation occurs.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I am having the same issue with condensation. In fall I was able to get into the attic and push the extra fiberglass insulation further out towards the outer wall and that seemed to work until it got windy and cold today (10 degrees F). I am stuck now b/c I can't push the insulation outwards any further or it will cover the soffit vents. I need help with what to try next...

Putting baffles in should help. this allows you to move the insulation overtop the wall frame without covering up the vent. Also the baffle will help with directing the cold air up away from that area and further up in the attic.