+ Reply to Thread

Default under the floor radiant heat

I am getting radiant floor heat put in in our now OLD house. we have gutted 2 of the bathrooms includeing removeing 9" of concrete and will start from the pointed floor joists. The Kitchen has wood floors we found after removeing 1 1/2" of old flooring we want to put radiant under it. the basement ceining below is completely removed. I would love anyones experience and advise about this, we will be having a our plumbing contractor do the work. thanks please respond to me at mastrohome@yahoo.com

Smile Re: under the floor radiant heat

Whatever style you use, you will love it. We have hot water in tubes in the concrete in our home, and it is marvelous. No more chilly feet. Our hot water is heated by an electric boiler, with a circulating pump. For small areas, like bathrooms, it might be easier to go the electric mat.

Enjoy. You might check around to see which might be more efficient. I do not know the difference in utility costs between the two different types.

Default Re: under the floor radiant heat

I believe I have seen information in the past on retro-fitting floors with radiant heat when you have an exposed basement. It involves running the PEX tubbing through aluminum heat spreaders attached to the subfloor between the joists. Radiantec is just one example of a supplier of such systems.

JM