Default remodeled Bath Storage - Help

I am halfway through a bath remodel and was showing some the space recently. Their comment was "no storage in here?" Well the bath had not had any storage prior to the redo other than the mirrored medicine cabinet circa 1955. So I figured I was ok for storage as long as I put in a mirrored cabinet that was the same size. Wrong, they are all made like junk and smaller than the older ones.
    My question is if I am using a pedestal sink, because so many of the vanities now are junk too, where do I store "stuff"? I thought I might put a kitchen-style wall cabinet in, like a 12" or 15" unit. But that would just look like a kitchen cabinet that has been painted.
    So don't you just hate when people give there unsolicited opinion, next time I will not show others!

Default Re: remodeled Bath Storage - Help

You can always build your own medicine cabinet.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by ECDez1267 View Post
    My question is if I am using a pedestal sink, because so many of the vanities now are junk too, where do I store "stuff"? I thought I might put a kitchen-style wall cabinet in, like a 12" or 15" unit. But that would just look like a kitchen cabinet that has been painted.
    Odds are, if there was no storage prior to your remodel, there probably wasn't room for it to begin with. I would look at some decorative wall mounted bathroom cabinetry. it's an easy way to get a little bit of storage and add some decoration to the room at the same time.

I have a small cabinet of this type hung above the toilet that the girlfriend keeps all her bath stuff in.
    Come to Hidden Content for all your DIY needs

There are a lot of small bathroom storage ideas. Hanging a cabinet above the toilet may be a good idea. Just watch the height so that nobody will bang their head.
    _______
    Networx.com
    We provide the latest information on how to fix, renovate, and decorate your house using the least amount of resources for the best value.

Smile Re: remodeled Bath Storage - Help

I just noticed this thread.. I had this problem. I had my husband install one of those old boring recessed medicine cabinets, you can get them at Home Depot for $25 (the box part is made of plastic, that's why it's so cheap). And then we bought a Fantsy Facade (it's Fantsy Facade or Fantasy Facade), decorative frames that can slide right onto the medicine cabinet door. We bought ours unfinished and then painted. But you can also get an organizer that fits on the inside of the door, helps maximize the medicine cabinet space (we didn't get that, but it looks pretty cool). You can buy them ****** at www.fantsyfacade.com, or it's www.fantasyfacade.com. Anyway, a great way to add some storage for the small things.
    Last edited by DecorDiva; 10-04-2010 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention that the Fantsy Facade Frames make the medicine cabinet look like a custom built-in cabinet. Way cool.

As suggested prior, a cabinet over the throne but it must be high enough and shallow enough to avoid head bumps.

Not knowing your dimensions, I could only suggest utilizing a bit of wall space, like a built in medicine cabinet. Make a bit of a frame and mount door to that to gain a cabinet approx. 5 inches deep. If a closet is behind the wall, borrow some space there.