+ Reply to Thread

Default Is this frameless glass price reasonable?

I was just quoted $2700 for a frameless glass enclosure (glass 1/2" thick) for my small corner shower stall (three pieces of glass, roughly 19" w, 19" w, and 21" w by about 7' tall) - will be channel-less (clips all around). Was told we need 1/2" thickness to avoid channels. We're in New Jersey.

Does this price sound reasonable? I have no idea, as it's the first and only quote I've gotten. I prefer to avoid hassle of shopping around, but want to know this if this is within normal price range.

Also - I once saw a show on HGTV where they showed a new product - frameless shower glass made with special "ion-beam" process, supposedly makes it more durable (less prone to scratch and surface wear). Is that something I should consider? Does normal glass really wear over time? My car windshield goes through year after year of abusive weather, and it looks fine to me.

Thank you.

Default Re: Is this frameless glass price reasonable?

1/2" glass is very expensive. I don't think you need glass that thick. I know someone in your area that is in the business. if you are interested I could give you his number.