+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Painting over bookcases that were victims of a staining disaster

Minwax poly (brushed version ) cannot be applied without massive foaming
    Did you shake the can?

You know you have to keep stirring that crap like every 2-3 min. I have had better results keeping it in motion. Slow even stirs, dont rush it. I have had great results after many times being forced to use this crap.
    Knowledge is POWER!
    "As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I have no fear because I am the meanest **edited person** in the whole valley" ~Gen. George S. Patton

Default Re: Painting over bookcases that were victims of a staining disaster

Quote Originally Posted by generaldark View Post
    Did you shake the can?

You know you have to keep stirring that crap like every 2-3 min. I have had better results keeping it in motion. Slow even stirs, dont rush it. I have had great results after many times being forced to use this crap.
    There's no way to work with Minwax poly and end with a good finish. Skip the headaches and hassles and use McKloskies. McKloskies is easy to use and is an excellent finish.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!