Allows it but does not require it. The wall switch serves as a disconnect.
422.16 Flexible Cords.
(A) General. Flexible cord shall be permitted (1) for the
connection of appliances to facilitate their frequent interchange
or to prevent the transmission of noise or vibration or
(2) to facilitate the removal or disconnection of appliances that
are fastened in place, where the fastening means and mechanical
connections are specifically designed to permit ready removal
for maintenance or repair and the appliance is intended
or identified for flexible cord connection.
(B) Specific Appliances.
(1) Electrically Operated Kitchen Waste Disposers.
Electrically operated kitchen waste disposers shall be permitted
to be cord-and-plug-connected with a flexible cord
identified as suitable for the purpose in the installation instructions
of the appliance manufacturer, where all of the
following conditions are met:
(1) The flexible cord shall be terminated with a grounding type
Exception: A listed kitchen waste disposer distinctly
marked to identify it as protected by a system of double
insulation, or its equivalent, shall not be required to be
terminated with a grounding-type attachment plug.
(2) The length of the cord shall not be less than 450 mm
(18 in.) and not over 900 mm (36 in.).
(3) Receptacles shall be located to avoid physical damage
to the flexible cord.
(4) The receptacle shall be accessible.