+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Glass on door has a haze or film after cleaning. How do I remove it?

I just installed an old interior door with glass from early 1900's. When I cleaned it with my glass cleaner it left a haze or film that doesn't come off. How can I remove it? Is the glass permanently damaged? Please help!

Smile Re: Glass on door has a haze or film after cleaning. How do I remove it?

Try using vinegar to remove the haze. You can try using it full strength, or mix it with water, just like if you were washing windows. Vinegar is acidic, so it will desolve the haze. Vinegar is such a great cleaner that few people use.

Good luck. Let me know if it works.

woodworker08@gmail.com

Default Re: Glass on door has a haze or film after cleaning. How do I remove it?

Howdy cleaned the windows of my sisters place in FL. But they were all streaked come to learn that the fungus grows on the glass and a slight solution of pool chlorine fixed the smear....

Default Re: Glass on door has a haze or film after cleaning. How do I remove it?

I use vinegar all the time for cleaning and it works great. I prefer to dilute it in water. The trick to removing the film and haze is to wipe with newspaper. It sounds odd, but it works wonderfully.