+ Reply to Thread

Thread: limit switch

Default limit switch

How do I replace and find my limit switch on my heater.my light flashes 2 times telling me this is the problem.

Default Re: limit switch

You should have a wiring diagram, on the diagram look for LS or HL, that will be where your Limit Switch is. Where they are depends on the Make of your furnace, it could be by the Blower or Heat Exchanger. It could also have a reset button which makes it easier than replacing, if you have a reset button and it continues to trip it's bad. To check your Limit Switch you should take it out first and with a Multi Meter set at ohms go across the two leads if your meter shows a number or beeps that means it's closed and it's good. If you get nothing it should be replaced. Think of it like a light switch, the lights are on so the switch is closed and current is flowing or the switch is open so the lights are off and you have no current. Good Luck!!!

Unhappy Re: limit switch

I took a look at the diagram and it is so faded and dry rotted that if you touch it the words will rub off.I think i found the limit switch thanx to STEN but i am not sure because i never seen one.can anyone show me a picture of one.mine do not have a reset button,it's a payne modle heater.please help we have a newborn w/no heat in the house....
    Last edited by rdennis; 12-27-2009 at 12:51 PM.

See if any of these help. there are also some limit switches that look like this
    Jack
    Last edited by JLMCDANIEL; 12-27-2009 at 02:55 PM.
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I don't know how to put pics up yet but keyword this "payne model heater limit switch" and then click on images at the top and see if you can match one of them to yours. Good Luck!!!

Talking Re: limit switch

J and Sten you guys rock.You both helped me sooooooooooooooooooo much.How do I Know if this limit switch is broke?

Read my first post, you need a multi meter though, get a cheapy at home depot. Good Luck!!!