+ Reply to Thread

Default How do I install a 5ft. tub in a 5ft bathroom

I'm remodeling our small master bath 5'x7'. I have removed the 5' steel tub and Im replacing it with a deeper acrylic "soaking tub" 5'x 32".

Any tricks on getting the 5' tub into the 5' width? Without damaging the tub?

Default Re: How do I install a 5ft. tub in a 5ft bathroom

Yup, bust out the wall and studs opposite the plumbing wall for the tub and patch it.

Smile Re: How do I install a 5ft. tub in a 5ft bathroom

By all means, remove the opposite end of the tub, so you have lots of working area to properly install your new tub. Nothing worse than trying to install something new, into an old space. Back when that was installed, it might not have even been level, so you can install the new one the way you want it, and not have to worry about nicking your fingers doing it.

Good luck, and have a very Merry Christmas.

I don't think I've ever seen a 5ft tub..

I know what you mean. My tub only has 4 feet. (By the way, you've resurrected a thread that's nearly 4 years old. That's considered bad form in the world of forums.)

Actually, 5 foot length for a tub is pretty standard nowadays. It's hard to find a 6 foot tub anymore.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencepost View Post
    I know what you mean. My tub only has 4 feet. (By the way, you've resurrected a thread that's nearly 4 years old. That's considered bad form in the world of forums.)

Actually, 5 foot length for a tub is pretty standard nowadays. It's hard to find a 6 foot tub anymore.
    I knew a little old lady who had a tub with 3 feet. One broke off...

Trailer tubs are shorter because of the shorter budgets and credit lines of most Trailer Owners, who cannot afford a long enough tub and a roof to go over it.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Mastercarpentry View Post
    Trailer tubs are shorter because of the shorter budgets and credit lines of most Trailer Owners, who cannot afford a long enough tub and a roof to go over it.

Phil
    Now THAT is funny right there!
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!