+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation I need a new furnace

My furnace is no longer safe to use. There are a lot of furnaces out there and I need help finding a reliable and fuel efficient natural gas furnace brand. Please tell me your good or bad experiences with you furnace brand. Also my ducting looks like the old white clothes dryer ducting. It is not insulated. Does this need to be replaced or is it okay. It had to have passed inspections as it is the house original. I live in a northern climate and I seems like I am heating my crawl space. Thanks!

Default Re: I need a new furnace

Your ductwork should always be insulated be it A/C or Heat, if it seems like your heating your Crawl Space and it isn't that's why. It should also be taped and sealed before it's insulated. As for your ductwork since your having your furnace replaced they'll more than likely look at it for you. We installed Carrier, Bryant and Trane but the one we installed most was Goodman and had very little problems after, such as callbacks. It's not as Expensive and gets the job done, the choice is yours. I like Carrier and Trane. Follow the link to Furnace Reviews,

http://highperformancehvac.com/air-c...e-reviews.html
    http://www.consumerdemocracy.com/phe....aspx?catId=82

Default Re: I need a new furnace

I like Bryant, Carrier (same thing), Goodman, Amana (same) or Lennox. They have had recent trouble with Trane. They had to shut down the line.
    The duct system needs to be assessed properly. That is the number one priority. If it sucks, it won't matter what furnace you buy.
    There are very few knowlegable contractors. Good luck.