+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Installing New Bath Vent Fan and ducting

my husband and I had been wondering how to do the same thing. Our bathroom on the first level of our home has no vent and so unless we leave the window open the bathroom gets no ventilation. How would we go about adding a vent in a middle room of our house? I would hate to send the vent up through the floor of the room above it and up through the attic and out the roof, could we cut a hole through the wall of the bathroom and through the brick and place the vent on the wall of the house. It would look weird but I, myself can't think of any other way. Anyone have any suggestions for this?

Default Re: Installing New Bath Vent Fan and ducting

Quote Originally Posted by JLAMBERT04 View Post
    my husband and I had been wondering how to do the same thing. Our bathroom on the first level of our home has no vent and so unless we leave the window open the bathroom gets no ventilation. How would we go about adding a vent in a middle room of our house? I would hate to send the vent up through the floor of the room above it and up through the attic and out the roof, could we cut a hole through the wall of the bathroom and through the brick and place the vent on the wall of the house. It would look weird but I, myself can't think of any other way. Anyone have any suggestions for this?
    Yes, you can do a sidewall vent. Most dryers are vented thru the wall, and they sell vent termination hoods for just the purpose you have in mind.