+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Flickering lights in house.

The electrician came today and told me that their is nothing wrong with the panel. He checked all the breakers for loose wires and all neutrals. He told me that it is the power line from the poll that might have a loose neutral. I hope that is the problem. I don't know what else to do if the power company tells me that everything is fine....

If it was the power line neutral it would affect more than one circuit, it would affect all 120 volt circuits. Try flipping off the other breakers one at a time and see if it is caused by something on the same pole but a different circuit.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by scotto1210 View Post
    The electrician came today and told me that their is nothing wrong with the panel. He checked all the breakers for loose wires and all neutrals. He told me that it is the power line from the poll that might have a loose neutral. I hope that is the problem. I don't know what else to do if the power company tells me that everything is fine....
    I too feel in is not a problem of your power supplier. I agree with JMD 100%.
    Just thinking out loud, maybe your electrician found the said problem in the panel box, reworked it, but would rather not fess up to it.
    Hope all is well.....

Smile Re: Flickering lights in house.

Yep, it sure sounds like a loose neutral in the circuit that is flickering.. I had several uncles who were electricians, and they would tell you the same thing.

Good luck.

It started out being all the lights on one circuit but now its every circuit is having the same problem with flickering. I hope its the outside pole connection.

Quote Originally Posted by scotto1210 View Post
    It started out being all the lights on one circuit but now its every circuit is having the same problem with flickering. I hope its the outside pole connection.
    That changes everything. It may well be a power company concern now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie_Fergler View Post
    That changes everything. It may well be a power company concern now.
    indeed it does ...

loose nuetral somewhere, but if it just started after the panel was changed ... its probably somewhere between the service taps and the lugs on the panel.
    Help us name our new Hidden Content

Is the service to the house underground or overhead?

They are overhead

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    indeed it does ...

loose nuetral somewhere, but if it just started after the panel was changed ... its probably somewhere between the service taps and the lugs on the panel.
    I was hoping when the electrician returned that he had checked the neutral lug on the panel. Just forgot to post that info.
    Wondering out loud if something is amiss in the meter base.