+ Reply to Thread

Default Side mount pull out spray - Kitchen Faucet

I have a faucet in the kitchen that does not have a direct connect for a pull out spray. My sink has the hole for the installation and I have the spray. My issue is that I need to know how to connect the spray hose/connector to what I already have. I have two copper pipes (one hot & one cold). The hot pipe has a connector that leads to the dishwasher. From the top of the pipe, there is a flex hose that connects to the faucet to provide hot water. The cold side is connected exactly the same way (minus the connection for the dishwasher). Everything works fine and there are no leaks. I was hoping that there is some sort of Y connector that I can connect to the cold or hot flex line; this way there will be water available to the faucet and water available to the side pull out spray. Any help or suggestions for this issue and how to resolve it?

Default Re: Side mount pull out spray - Kitchen Faucet

You could probably jury rig something together, but I wouldn't recommend it. You're better off purchasing a faucet with a sprayer. Reason being is that the spray unit is attached to the faucet AFTER the mixer valve, so you can control temperature and pressure with the faucet. If you try to just attach a spray wand to the supply lines without the help of the faucet, then you'll have issues with the hot/cold water mixing within the lines without the faucet/sprayer running, and you won't have temp or pressure control when you're using it.

Be safe, do it right, upgrade your faucet.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    You could probably jury rig something together, but I wouldn't recommend it. You're better off purchasing a faucet with a sprayer. Reason being is that the spray unit is attached to the faucet AFTER the mixer valve, so you can control temperature and pressure with the faucet. If you try to just attach a spray wand to the supply lines without the help of the faucet, then you'll have issues with the hot/cold water mixing within the lines without the faucet/sprayer running, and you won't have temp or pressure control when you're using it.

Be safe, do it right, upgrade your faucet.
    Exactly and ditto
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

That is what I figured ... I was looking for a less costly solution just because the faucet inplace now is rater new and at that was not overly expensive but it was up there ... thank you for the help ... if there is any thing else that you can think of, I am all ears but it is what it is and what has to be done has to be done ...

You may want to recheck you faucet. A lot of faucets without the spray attachment are set up for them but have a plug in the hole where you connect the sprayer.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb