+ Reply to Thread

Default Low pressure on sprinklers

Hello all, this is my first post here, so I hope you guys can help. Our backyard is divided in to 2 different watering zones and both don't have enough pressure to pop up the heads all the way, so they just sit there and kinda flood the immediate area.

Things I have done to test:
    Water pressure, its at 62 psi
    Swapped the internals of the valve with new ones
    Removed all the heads and cleaned them out
    Flushed out the entire system.

I removed a head and using some creativeness, I attached a hose to it, this gave it enough pressure to pop up all the heads. Both zones worked fine a couple months ago. All the other zones works fine too.

Thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Alex

Default Re: Low pressure on sprinklers

You replaced the valve internals, did you replace the solenoid? Will the sprinklers pop if you manually open the valve with either the air bleed screw or by loosening the solenoid? If you do get full pop, then it is the solenoid on the valve that is bad. FYI, there are two types of solenoids on residential systems. Turn off the water to the sprinkler system so that you can remove the solenoid and take it with you to the store to match up to the new one. Also note the brand of the valve.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Default Re: Low pressure on sprinklers

It is an Lawn Genie L7034. I replaced the solenoid, no go. The heads don't pop up enough with the bleed screw. Basically what I did was buy a new valve, unscrew the top and anti siphon valve and swap everything (including the tops) except the body into the old body. Nothing improved.