+ Reply to Thread

Default Rate per Square Foot in NJ

Does anyone have an idea of what the going rate per square foot for an addition in NJ is presently? I know it all depends, but is there a way to get an average rate?

Default Re: Rate per Square Foot in NJ

I believe that a material only estimate for an "average" addition is around $75.00 sq/ft on the low end. Again thats the minimum so it'll likely be higher and does not include labor cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Roostriz View Post
    I believe that a material only estimate for an "average" addition is around $75.00 sq/ft on the low end. Again thats the minimum so it'll likely be higher and does not include labor cost.
    I was going to say about $100-125 per foot. It varies with each city and how many "upgrades".

I think $120 is about right for everything last time I checked. I used the AC market for my material cost which is 1.08% over average. Not sure what N. Jersey would be.

$75 /sq foot more material alone is very low, the standard practice is to double the material to get the overall cost but thats more for new construction. most of the additions i do are probably in the range of $175/ft

getting into an additon there are many variables that need to be considered, youll probably have to get an engineer to come in, modifications to the existing roofline to take the additional load of the new roofline tying in. excavation costs and foundation.

your best bet to get an accurate $$ amount is to call your local homebuilders association and ask someone there, this is the least intrusive way of finding out without taking up the time of busy contractors who dont always have time for tire kickers
    fire up the saw and make some dust