+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gardening

Thumbs up Gardening

DID YOU NO BY PUTTING HUMAN HAIR IN YOUR GARDEN THAT IT WILL KEEP CRITTERS OUT OF YOUR GARDEN. SUCH AS RABBITS DEER AND OTHER CRITTERS THAT LIKE FRESH FRUITS AND VEGIES. YOU CAN SAVE YOUR OWN HAIR FROM HAIR BRUSHES FROM OVER THE WINTER OR HAIR CUTS FROM GETTING YOUR HAIR CUT.

Default Re: Gardening

Human hair, human urine - preferably male, dog droppings along the perimeter, motion sensor lighting, motion activated sprinklers. You can even check with your county extension office, they tend to have "wildlife deterrent" which is generally dried blood meal.

You don't need caps lock on, it's considered yelling on a forum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capslock.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	1030  
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Human hair in a mole hole will deter them, it makes them itch. It also a good fertilizer tilled in.

Exclamation Re: Gardening

Does the human hair really work as a deterrent for squirrels? I am desperate to find something that really works. I have some "baby" cantaloupes (my first) that I really would like to eat this year! The squirrels have had their more than fair share of the apricot crop this year -- nothing against wildlife -- but MY MELONS ARE OFF LIMITS!

Not likely any good for squirrels and around my parts the deer are plenty used to humans and dogs.
    The only deterent for squirrels is a good aim.