+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Question Re: sulfur water odor removal

i have it too comes and goes somtimes in the bathroom sometimes in kitchen sometimes in both your not crazy drives me nuts too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: sulfur water odor removal

If you are on a well all that testing mess should have been done before the Health Department let the building be occupied. And regardless of solution anything to you do with treating your water is going to be very very very very very expensive. Aeration is one method and it allows the water to gas off the stinkyness and most minerals to react and settle out. most municipalities employ this method but you see for one home it is not cost effective. most closed systems require the frequent recharge of some kind of salt and a system purge. I think Ask toh just did a bit on one. still you will drop a few grand. I've seen some water treatment plants ****** but the smallest one was for a 10k square foot place and from looking at the components if your cost was under 20 grand, their workmanship is highly suspect among my circle of plumbers. then you have to put it somewhere ohh the pain. Move to Memphis, TN we have famously delicious water.
    Last edited by i.m.plummin; 02-12-2008 at 09:03 PM. Reason: misspelled words

Yes i have the same odor, i went to puritec.com and they fix it.
    understand there is a sulfur and a sulfur bacteria witch you will need to know they will test your water for free best to not chlorinate the well but use a chlorine injector in the house pluming that way you can clean you pluming twice a year or as needed.some other filter will be needed.If you do go with Puritec ask for Joy.
    www.puritec.com

Yes i have the same odor, i went to puritec.com and they fix it.
    understand there is a sulfur and a sulfur bacteria witch you will need to know they will test your water for free best to not chlorinate the well but use a chlorine injector in the house pluming that way you can clean you pluming twice a year or as needed.some other filter will be needed.
    www.puritec.com