+ Reply to Thread

Cool Trying to remove asiatic jasmine ground cover

We are moving into a house that has a circle driveway. Inside the circle drive is an enormous patch of Asiatic Jasmine ground cover. The jasmine is approximately two feet tall. I would like to remove the jasmine but not harm a tree that is growing there at the same time. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Trying to remove asiatic jasmine ground cover

I prefer a glyphosphate formula in products like Clean Up, Remuda or old Roundup before they added diquat for a faster kill. Now that roundup is off patent their are cheaper products. I've never had it harm anything when the leaves weren't sprayed. It may not be fast acting, but it works.

If you want an environmentally cleaner, faster, and more permanent kill, try a weed torch. Do a Google for more info, or if you'd like I'll direct you to a review of one that I wrote a year or so ago.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Glyphoshate will work if you keep up with it. One trick is to cut the plants & hit the new growth when it emerges.