+ Reply to Thread

Default Beaded Board Quality

My husband and I are planning to put up beaded board on the walls of our new mudroom. We purchased 3/8" sheets from our local lumber store, when we painted the first sheet the grain raised up so much that it looks like exterior grade pine. Looked for MDF sheets of beaded board but can't find it anywhere, thought that might help with the quality after paint. Any suggestions for a resolution or a place to find nice material that still looks good after paint? Thanks.

Default Re: Beaded Board Quality

where are you located... most cabinet supplier stores, wortz wood sells a 4 x 8 sheet of mdf beadboard that looks super when it is primed and painted. you must go to a specialy shop supplier, the home centers cell a new england style one that is t x g that looks okay.

I've also seen the MDF bead board at Homedepot. It was available in 7" X48" And 7"x96" pre- primed.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

We're in Ohio, haven't heard of the supplier mentioned but will check into them. You're right we didn't prime the first board before painting but will give that a try also.

Thanks!

I just installed a beadboard wainscot in my kitchen and eat in area. I bought the pre-primed MDF at Home Depot and it worked great. I spray painted it with semi gloss latex before I installed it and then just touched it up afterwards. Kept the mess to a minimum and looks great. I think it was only about $10 per sheet. I trimmed it with clear poplar and caulked all the joints. My wife thinks I'm wonderful.

Good luck in finding it.