+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Polyurethane smell

It wasn't operator error and it wasn't inexperience, that brand of poly is just junk. Even when following the instructions on the label exactly, the end result is a rough, bubble infested finish that will only look good as long as it's in someone else's living room. It is physically impossible to apply it without severe bubbling, whether it's the first coat or the 10th.
    I agree .... and I wouldn't even use it in someone else's place.

Default Re: Polyurethane smell

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    I agree .... and I wouldn't even use it in someone else's place.
    Neither would I, what I meant was that it only looks good somewhere so you can't see it!

I used to tease some clients with "oh, don't worry, it will look just fine from my living room." Or the famous contractors warranty - "90 days or the end of the driveway, whichever comes first." One of my favorites was when a rather retentive (but dearly loved ) client complained about a loose shower door handle. I step into the shower to have a look, then peer out around the door at her and say, "Mrs. X, you've got a screw loose!" For about half a second you could see she was shaken and not happy about such a personal comment, then the lightbulb kicked on and she got it.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!